Sunday, May 1, 2011

Banana-cakes

Last week at work, we had a series of events to raise money for the World Cancer Fund; our annual theme was "Go Bananas," and everything had a banana theme. Our office in the UK always does a "banana run" (defined here as a mini-marathon in which a prominent member of the company competes dressed in a banana costume), but my office rarely organizes any events. 

This year, however, was different.

There was a bake sale, but instead of bringing yet another banana bread I decided to be cheeky and bring a faux-banana treat. I simply baked vanilla cupcakes, topped them with vanilla icing (half of which I had dropped on the floor because I am a clumsy baker-don't worry! I didn't use the floor-icing!), and then made bunches of bananas from tiny banana shaped candies. The results? You can see for yourself:




The funny thing is that I don't really remember many banana-y items...perhaps that is for the best. (Banana flavouring can be tricky.)

Anyway, I was glad to see that through our bake sale and the other office activities, we raised almost $1,000 (over our goal of $500).

No comments:

Post a Comment