Monday, October 18, 2010

Gourd-eous

I am continuing to embrace fall/autumn and its crisp weather. I am fine with crisp and cool; just not cold or freezing (which seems to be the constant temperature of the office). 

Yesterday I went to the farm stand with my mom to buy a pumpkin. It didn't take me that long; I pretty much chose the first one I saw. He just seemed perfect. So now I have 20 lbs of pumpkin hanging out by my front door, but I'm not sure if I want to carve it or just draw a face. I do, however, need to get the seeds and bake them....pumpkin seeds are one pretty nice consolation for the end of summer.

(20lbs of pumpkin)

I've also been collecting some gourds, which I love. They have such personality, and they're a good decoration for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. Some of them, though, can be downright weird.

(One of these is not a real gourd)

(Gourds have hair too)

And my apartment smells like apples and cinnamon, to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment