Sunday, April 10, 2011

St. Louis, Louis

I got back from a trip to St. Louis on Sunday night (late, late on Sunday night). I was in town for a few days to visit my goddaughter Adrienne, her brother Ethan, and her parents Dan and Miya.



However, when my cousin Dan tried to take me to the top of the Arch, we found a sad little sold out sign waiting for us. I was under the impression that to get to the top of the arch, one took an elevator, but this is not the case. Instead, they put five people in a little pod thing so it can tilt as it goes round the bend of the arch. Maybe it was a good thing it was sold out....I can fight my fear of heights, but my fear of tiny spaces is much worse. 
(At the base of the Arch, looking straight up)



















Instead we went to the St. Louis Zoo (so clean! And the animal habitats seem so much nicer than what I remember from my childhood trips to the zoo), flew kites in the park, and had the perfect weather to be outside. It was so nice to visit them all and see where they live.
(watching the camels)

(Ethan and myself on the merry-go-round)

(Ethan flies a kite while wearing his cool hat)

(Ethan avec kite)

(Smiles!)

2 comments: