Monday, August 29, 2011

Ravenwood

On my recent trip up to Maine with the family, we stopped at what has to be the most creative shop I have ever seen. The shop wasn't in Maine; instead it was in Jackson, New Hampshire. Called Ravenwood Curio Shoppe, it looked like a house straight out of a fairy tale.






At first glance, it seems like one of those artistic shops that sells things you may love but could never afford. But as we started poking around, I noticed that a lot of the pieces were actually affordable. And there was so much to choose from; I would dare anyone to go and say that they couldn't find something that they liked.



(sister monkey and metal monkey)




Around both sides of the house was a wee garden of sculptures and random things to buy. And fountains! SO MANY fountains (one of my absolute favourite things) It began with this:


(Spark Plug Dragonfly)


(sister)




(Madre and Sister)


And it keeps going further and further back into the woods.







(parents)



Here are some of the fountains. Around the Mermaid Fountain, they had arranged some of these crabs which were made out of old pipe wrenches and spray painted bright red.


(I couldn't get enough of this one)


(Mermaid Fountain)








My mom pointed out this little sculpture and said it looks just like my brother Buddy when he was little.



1 comment: