Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Miami

Last week, I spent a few days in Miami for work purposes. The work part itself was long and sometime unrelenting, but I managed to get out a bit for lovely dinners with co-workers and a bit of drooling over the posh hotels and restaurants in and around South Beach.


(The walkway to the pool at the Loews Hotel)








I had some lovely views from the boardwalk outside the hotel. It was enough to take away the stress and backaches from work and make me believe (just for a second) that I was on vacation.







On the last night in town, we ladies had a lovely seafood dinner down on South Beach. The street we walked down struck me as a mezclada of a more modern vibe and the old, art deco Miami years that you grow up hearing about. Live (and lively!) Cuban music drifted down the street from a restaurant's front porch. It almost seemed as though Lucy and Ricky could be coming around the corner at any moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment