Friday, September 23, 2011

Cooking with the Big Girls

When I was a little kid, I wanted an Easy-Bake Oven like nobody's business. I begged my mom for one, but she said no. I was crushed. But now I look back and smile at her reason: she said she'd rather I learned to bake real cakes and sweets. She did teach me how to bake enough cake for everyone in the family while following a real recipe (and occasionally coming up with alternative ingredients such as pancake batter when we ran out of flour).  I'm glad she did, but she also indulged me by buying me the Easy Bake pans and mixes and letting me bake them in the real oven. 


They didn't always turn out so well. 


Now they have re-done the Easy-Bake Oven to catch up a bit with the heat of an actual oven. They had to do this since the incandescent bulb is being discontinued, and the new version sort of looks like something from an episode of The Jetsons. that or a really cool microwave that someone in my college dorm would've had.


Check the new version of the Easy-Bake Oven.

3 comments:

  1. Can we please bake (using your real oven) when I come to visit?

    Or maybe we could just make nacho chips instead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D We are going to NEED those walks...

    ReplyDelete