Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Second-Annual Maine-Cation

Last month, my sister, parents, and I went on the second-annual Maine-Cation. Well, it's the second annual trip for me, anyway. My parents and younger sister have been there five times now, and they still constantly talk about moving there when my dad retires. 
Besides being absolutely beautiful, the thing about Maine is that we always find something new to do. This year, we did the usual kayaking and cycling down to the general store. But this time, we rented the pontoon boat and took it out to Mt. Kineo.



Once we got there, we just parked it and swam in the water or laid in the sun.
(myself)
Some people went cliff-diving. I was not one of them, but I enjoyed watching.
(Once this girl resurfaced, she yelled, "I have a wedgie!!!")



Sister drove the boat too.


And then she tubed behind it. She likened the moving rush of water beneath the tube to an enema. 


All-in-all, I would call it a successful and extremely relaxing vacation. I really don't blame my parents for wanting to move here.

No comments:

Post a Comment