Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Coat Rack

People,
I know this is something that most of us take for granted, but coatracks are the best thing ever. I don't have room in my apartment for the freestanding coatrack/umbrella stand of my dreams. So earlier this year I embarked on the process of buying a coatrack that could be attached to the wall. I even looked in a art-y shop in Maine, but, alas, only coatracks with small hooks could be found.


Why is this such a big deal? Two reasons:
1. I am picky, and nothing I found could either hold up all my coats or look remotely nice when it wasn't holding coats.
2. I was quickly tiring of using the chairs from my dining room set as a place to hold coats. It got annoying when I was late for work and needed to find the desired outerwear, and it got embarrassing when I had people over who needed to use said chairs.


My Madre came to the rescue with this as a Christmas gift:




And it makes all the difference in the world! I can see my chairs now! There is a place for my coats/scarves/some of my bags. And Hank will no longer have to hear me curse the world when I'm late for the train and my coats have tangled themselves together.

2 comments: