Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Want to be Friends with Mindy Kaling

Today I finished  "Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)" by Mindy Kaling* And now I want to be her friend. I might've felt this way after finishing Tina Fey's book, but, let's be honest, Tina Fey intimidates me. 


Yes, a woman who writes fart jokes for a living and flawlessly impersonates female vice presidential candidates intimidates me. I think this is mainly because she's won the Mark Twain Prize, and I forget the punchlines to most jokes.


Anyway, if you enjoy laughing and humorous observations about life, then you will enjoy this book. If you don't enjoy laughing....well, I really don't know what to say to you. 


But be warned: this book made me laugh out loud. On the train. Except that most people on my train now think I have tuberculosis because I tried to disguise my hysterical and publicly inappropriate laughter by coughing.




*Disclaimer: Yes, I know this book came out circa November. But I personally just got it from my library because the wait was freakishly long. I cannot buy books in hardback because that is a luxury that few Emglish majors who put themselves through school can afford. All of my hardback books are actually used.

No comments:

Post a Comment