Sunday, September 26, 2010

Leaves and Cats

All the leaves are falling, and it makes me sad. Fall is nice, but then winter always has to follow. I am not a fan of winter. Or of cleaning out my closet and putting away the summer clothes....

Because there have been so many cool nights/mornings, I've been leaving my windows open. Late last night, I was working on a paper, and I kept hearing the leaves crunch by the kitchen. Every time I hear these footsteps, it startles me. I think, "Someone is in the yard at 11pm...are they trying to see into my (tiny) kitchen window?" This morning I heard the stalking while I was washing dishes. I looked up, expecting to see a person (possibly Upstairs Neighbour), but instead there sat three cats just staring at me. Upstairs Neighbour has quite a few cats, and when he lets them out into the yard, they run and jump over the dried up twigs and leaves...the culprits of the crunchy footsteps.

So I'm being stalked by cats. I wonder if they realize that I have a bird?

No comments:

Post a Comment