Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shopper's Dilemma

When online shopping first showed up, I was skeptical. "What is the fun in this?" I thought. But after years of living in remote areas coupled with my dislike of driving, online shopping has become kind of fun. Am I lazy? Maybe not; I think I just don't have time (can I blame grad school for this too?). And many online shops have a better selection.

Example: My little sister LOVES Stephen Colbert. For Christmas I wanted to get her something fun and cool. When I found a Stephen Colbert tote, I knew it was perfect. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in any of the Barnes and Noble shops nearby. Solution: B&N online. You can see the result below:




Lately, I'm becoming more aware of Etsy...I think it might be perfect for the Christmas shopping that always sneaks up on me. A few friends bought me some Etsy gifts Christmas past, and they were really cute. Plus, it would help me avoid the crowds that clog up every mall and department store from Thanksgiving to mid-January.

Here are some Etsy shops that I recently discovered; they've gotten me excited about gift giving. I'm sure the more I look around, the more I'll find....

Art: AshleyG
Miscellaneous: MadisonCraft
Really fab guitar pics here (I might be a bit partial to the Beatles lyrics, tho.)
Lovely Notebooks from London.

1 comment:

  1. I got a birthday present this year purchased from Brookish. It's a great resource for us Austen fans.

    ReplyDelete