Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Decor

Due to Christmas and trying to stay away from the computer on my days off, the blog has fallen behind. Apologies. Here is an update.

We're kind of a train family....every year my dad would meticulously put up the train platform. It was the kind of train where you needed to nail the tracks to the platform. We used to go to bed when the platform only had a bare set of tracks and then wake up to a whole little world of houses, and tiny people, and snow. Now my brother Jake and I take care of the platform (because my dad has many jobs). Note Jake's mountains in the background.


(Snow covered lake with boat)
(wee town)











The stockings are some of my favourite decorations; each one was made by my grandmom when we were born.

(stockings by Martha)

My dad gave my mom a birdhouse..which is literally a bird shape and not technically intended to be outdoors. (Could you imagine being a bird living inside a larger bird? Would a bird think that was weird?)

(birdhouse from the Poconoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment