Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Markets

I previously mentioned my trip to the Mifflinburg Christkindl Market with the Rodgers (sans Scott).

(Becca and myself)


Friday past I went to the Philadelphia version with my friend Steph. The Christmas Village is set up by City Hall and recently ran into some controversy because the sign has the word "Christmas" in it. Though I don't know what people expect a village of shops selling things to decorate your house for Christmas to be called. Crap for your Indoor Tree Village is hardly festive sounding.



I was happily surprised at all the really lovely, handmade German smokers, nutcrackers, ornaments, and food (real Germans too!). The day itself was freezing cold but sunny. And I got tons of Christmas shopping done (even though the only thing I was hoping for was a smoker man).



And I've always wanted to do one of these:

(Steph and myself)
Though the woman who took the photo above couldn't tell Steph and myself apart...we never realized how much people think we look alike. Well, except for the Suddenly Creepy Subway Guy, but that is a tale for another day.

Happy Christmas Shopping!

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures turned out so nice! That was such a fun (and freezing cold) afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we found the hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, I could totally go for a Weihnachtsmarkt set up just down the street again. Maybe next Christmas I'll up and move back to Marburg. :-P

    ReplyDelete