Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby Blanket

A dear friend of mine shared her baby blanket pattern with me, and ever since then I've been making them for family and friends who have new babies (as opposed to old babies, naturally).

This blanket was my impetus for taking a trip to N. Ireland last year. It was for my cousin's baby, Lucas. I guess I thought, "Why should the blanket have all the fun of travelling to Ireland?"



I also made one for my goddaughter using yellow, pink, and a multicoloured yarn (white background with pink, yellow, and purple speckles), but I neglected to take a photo (mainly because I was finishing it in the car on the way to her christening).

This next one is for my friend Robin and her daughter Taylor. Here is a bit of the process:


























These blankets take a long time to make (especially when you can't knit at work); so I'm considering making one boy blanket and one girl blanket and just keeping them on hand. That way I can eliminate the rush to knit like 10 squares per week because you're meeting the new baby sooner than you expected.

2 comments: