Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oxford Town

The other week, I was in Oxford for work. Though I'd lived in Cheltenham for 6 months during uni, I never got to Oxford. But I have to say that it was kind of nice going now instead; mainly because I never could have afforded to stay at the posh Randolph Hotel on a student's budget (or on my current budget, for that matter). We were even there at the same time as a big delegation from the Malaysian government. At first I thought it was a celebrity....sorry but politics isn't as exciting to me as the possibility of sharing a hotel with the Queen or Julia Roberts.


(High Street)

(side street in the early evening)


I loved how everyone cycled around the town. Bikes were chained up along every available fence space, light post, and gate.It was so bike friendly, and I think if I was going to stay longer, I would've rented a bike and explored the parks and more of the wee side roads. Next time, right?

(some people weren't too enthusiastic about the cycles, tho)


(cycles)

On our second night there, all of us Americans walked to Loch Fyne Seafood Restaurant in the posh neighbourhood called Jericho. In addition to the fab seafood, I was able to try sticky toffee pudding--Kate Middleton's favourite dessert! I had tried to have it before in the States, but the waiter came out after I ordered it and said they'd actually discontinued it because too many people said it was gross. Clearly something must've been lost in translation because when I had it in England, it was beyond amazing. I don't eat many sweets, but I could've had seconds of this one!!


Still more proof that Princess Catherine has good taste in just about everything.

(Sticky Toffee Pudding!)

(Thanks for the suggestion, Kate!)


I love England.

No comments:

Post a Comment