Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Raspberries

The latest obsession in my life would have to be raspberries.I can eat these babies like candy. And they go with anything: a cocktail, a sandwich (on the side, of course), or the perfect end to a plate of cheese and crackers.


My only problem seems to be finding them fresh enough. I can't imagine what people must think as they pass by me when I'm picking through the raspberry packages; but I'm trying to look for mold. You might be surprised at how easily these berries spontaneously combust into tiny mold balls. I have a theory that it's the bad drainage in the plastic packaging, but I can't be sure.


Still, I dream of that day I visited a farmer's market in Vancouver and walked past row upon row of those paper cartons heaped high with fresh raspberries.




2 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh I just made this and you should too because it has raspberries and is so worth it: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Raspberry-Nectarine-Parfaits-with-Warm-Peach-Sabayon-238811

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAHR I forgot Blogger doesn't automatically linkify urls: Raspberry Nectarine w/ Sabayon

    ReplyDelete