Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dear Pre-Teen Girl on my Flight to Miami,

1.) Just because you aren't sitting next to your dad, doesn't mean you can treat your airplane seat like a tiny rave. I have rarely seen a child over the age of 10 bounce and bop around in their seat like a Mexican jumping bean, and I feel that you're getting a bit too old for that. Also, if you spill your soda on me, the gloves are coming off.


2.) When your pre-teen friend/seat companion tells you that you're being annoying, she isn't being cheeky or cute. You are being annoying. To people of ALL ages.


3.) It's rude to make comments on how many text messages people (ie: me) are getting when I can turn my phone on again.


4.) You really shouldn't touch people you don't know. Personal space, child. Personal. Space.


5.) Repeatedly shouting "excuse me" in the face of the (sleeping) person on the aisle seat simply because you have to go ask your dad a question about where you're gonna eat when you get off the plane is rude. Seriously rude. You should be caged and fed bananas.


And the moral of the story is, you should sit next to your children on the plane. I would've gladly given up my seat so this dad could've sat with his obnoxious child. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if he was avoiding her too....

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Mel, I absolutely love your descriptions. I can totally picture this obnoxious child and her clueless father! If it makes you feel any better, this is the type of passenger I always seem to attract whenever I travel too. You are not alone!! Thanks for the chuckle. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite welcome! I seem to attract them too. I'm starting to wonder if it's rude (and if I care if it's rude) to ask to be reseated if I find myself next to a child.

    ReplyDelete