Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fail

This evening I tried out the self-checkout lane at BJ's (yes, the wholesale club; I have intense cashew needs. And their lunchmeat is super cheap). Things were going fine, and I was about to get out of there in record time when...my card wouldn't work. You have to swipe your membership card to begin, but mine wasn't registering. I couldn't figure it out, and, to boot, there was a woman behind me who was looking at my cart and commenting to her friend on what I was buying. Such cheek.

And then I realized it...I was trying to use my library card instead of my membership card. 

Sheepishly, I pulled the correct card from my wallet, and swiped it really fast. Did the lady behind me notice, or was she too busy contemplating the soy milk in my basket? Who knows. 

I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA

    I was about to comment with, "You need to watch the beginning of the next Sherlock ('The Blind Banker')," but now all I can say is, "You're SUCH a librarian!" Love it!

    ReplyDelete