Monday, July 11, 2011

Tags

When I was a kid, my mom made a lot of my clothes. She mostly did it because she loves to sew, but her talents also came in handy as I was a freakishly tall child who couldn't find longer dresses. Anyway, my mom had these sweet little tags that she'd sew into the collars of my dresses and tops, and I loved them. They were a deep red on a white background, and the font was very elegant. I always thought they made my mom's creations very professional-looking.


Since I've been knitting a lot of baby blankets, etc, I started to think about using these labels myself. I tried looking at a few fabric shops, but all they had were tags that said, "Handmade by _____." I wasn't interested in these at all since handwriting would definitely fade. So I went over to Etsy...this site is quickly becoming my go-to for anything and everything handmade or one-of-a-kind (sort of like what AbeBooks is doing for my literary needs)


After a brief search, I found these personalized tags made by Remember Wynn. They're lasered onto the tags (which creates a lovely effect), and the shop owner is really nice and easy to work with. They came much quicker than I expected too (this seems to be a trend with almost everyone I encounter on Etsy).


Here they are. I'm super happy with them. :-) And I can't wait to use them so I can get some more...I'm thinking light blue next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment