Friday, July 22, 2011

Hank Update

Hank has learned to tap dance. No, you didn't read that wrong. And if you doubt it, then I shake my head in disbelief at you. I know he's just a bird, but he's in that cage all day long. He has to come up with some way to pass the time, right? 


Well, while I was in the UK a couple of months ago, Hank crashed (no pun intended) at my parents' house and hung out with their cockatiel Byrd. They spent most of their time in the spare room singing and chirping at each other; or, in reality, Hank drove Byrd nuts because Byrd is elderly, and Hank is loud. For most of the visit, Byrd's cage was sitting on a small side table, and Hank's was on the floor below it. In order to sufficiently chat with his friend, Hank had to climb up on top of his extra water dish; this made him level with the bottom of Byrd's cage. 


While he was on this water dish, his claws (or should I say "talons" to make him sound more masculine and imposing?) tap-tap-tap on the water dish shield. He seemed to like this, and even though I thought he would stop when I brought him home, he still does it. When Hank needs extra attention, he just hops up there and gives a few taps. 


Makes me wonder what he does when I'm not home....


(His foot is poised to move)


(Fred Astaire might be proud)


Maybe I could put him on one of those Star Search for pets programs....I think Hank craves the limelight.

1 comment: